Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2004 Duramax with the manual shift transfer case. I am only getting 4lo, not for 4hi..

On an older truck I installed the posilok system for the front actuator which I like, but I cant seem to find a kit for this truck?

If I could find a wiring diagram, I may just install a toggle switch to turn the front actuator on and off... I would think this may work well seeing that I do not have the electric shift transfer case.. There are four wires going the the front actuator.

And thoughts on doing this?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
First, having 4lo but not 4hi with a manual TC is pretty unusual. You might try adjusting the linkage to the shift lever, it may not move quite enough to get into gear.

You might also try checking what's happening by shifting into 4hi and moving the truck a little, then raising one of the front wheels.

If you can rotate the front driveshaft, then the TC isn't in 4wd mode.

And if you can repeat this test, but in 4lo, and you can't rotate the front driveshaft, and adjusting the shift lever linkage doesn't get 4hi working, then something is worn/busted inside the TC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you..

For some reason when in 4HI it does not send a signal to the front axle actuator motor to engage the front axle..Even though the TC engages.

So what I did was put the transfer case in 4LO, which then made the electric motor on the front axle engage .. I then went under the truck and unplugged the front 4WD actuator. This kept the front locked in 4WD. I then shifted the TC to 4HI ---- worked perfectly..

So my thought was a toggle switch for that actuator on the front axle would work good. And you would gain 2LO...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts