Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do anyone know what nut and stud size, thread in millimeter please
Betwen head and manifold and betwen turbo and manifold?

Thanks
Kristoffer

·
6.5TD Post Addict
9,886 Posts
Originally posted by 96GMC6.5L @TTS:

"Okay, I've got both my stock manifolds here, along with all the correct bolts and studs.
The bolts required are as follows:
Driver side
Six bolts, 10x1.5mm 64mm long
Two bolts, 10x1.5mm 45mm long

Passenger side
Three bolts, 10x1.5mm 64mm long
Five bolts with stud standoffs, 10x1.5mm 84mm long
The stand offs are 14mm long. the standoffs are the same 10x1.5 size as the bolts.

I measured the lengths with a digital vernier, so just get the length as close as you can.For example, 64mm bolts, are probably listed as 65mm

This is from chevyinline6 on the other site when he posted in my exhaust manifold thread.

Hope this helps"

Google is your friend!

Dimensions aren't given but SS Diesel shows replacement turbo studs available.

The exhaust manifold studs hare specially designed by GM to maintain proper clamping force while letting the manifolds expand and contract,the threads are also specialy rolled-it's best to replace them with GM studs whenever possible.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I buy stainless steel bolts and threaded rod from Fastenal for less than half what GM wants for their low quality bolts. I haven't had a problem yet in over 5 years and on multiple trucks. No rust and they stay tight and look good.

Reactions: crankme69

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot!

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Originally posted by 96GMC6.5L @TTS:

"Okay, I've got both my stock manifolds here, along with all the correct bolts and studs.
The bolts required are as follows:
Driver side
Six bolts, 10x1.5mm 64mm long
Two bolts, 10x1.5mm 45mm long

Passenger side
Three bolts, 10x1.5mm 64mm long
Five bolts with stud standoffs, 10x1.5mm 84mm long
The stand offs are 14mm long. the standoffs are the same 10x1.5 size as the bolts.

I measured the lengths with a digital vernier, so just get the length as close as you can.For example, 64mm bolts, are probably listed as 65mm

This is from chevyinline6 on the other site when he posted in my exhaust manifold thread.

Hope this helps"

Google is your friend!

Dimensions aren't given but SS Diesel shows replacement turbo studs available.

The exhaust manifold studs hare specially designed by GM to maintain proper clamping force while letting the manifolds expand and contract,the threads are also specialy rolled-it's best to replace them with GM studs whenever possible.

Added to the FAQ's so you don't have to search as hard next time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts