Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew of any way I can make some money hauling some things around with my truck? I own a lawn and landscape business and winter months are extreemly slow. I live in the st. louis MO area and was just wondering if anyone knew of anything???

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knew of any way I can make some money hauling some things around with my truck? I own a lawn and landscape business and winter months are extreemly slow. I live in the st. louis MO area and was just wondering if anyone knew of anything???
Ignore Mac's replys, his truck is a garage queen ):h

In MO, I would imagine that snowplowing is out. Delivering trailers, as animal suggested, would be a good idea.

Perhaps some local business (Home improvement stores) need large appliances and such delivered to the customer's homes...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ignore Mac's replys, his truck is a garage queen ):h

In MO, I would imagine that snowplowing is out. Delivering trailers, as animal suggested, would be a good idea.

Perhaps some local business (Home improvement stores) need large appliances and such delivered to the customer's homes...
I do plow in the winter but this winter it's not snowing here. Usually I can make some "play money" by just plowing. This winter I am getting sick of sitting at home. I like the idea of hauling trailers but I have no idea where to start??? Any insight?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would start by talking to your local RV dealers. They should have some information on contacts.

They may have customers that need their RV's delivered.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I feel the same way. I plow, but this winter is a complete joke, and I'd like to make some money.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
What about FEMA, I here they can't keep up with getting the trailers down south.

·
Registered
648 Posts
mobile meth labs are all the rage around here...

·
Registered
209 Posts
How close to the lakes? You might try yacht dealers. Some buyers($$$) have them dropped at marinas and I know down here, there's money at boat shows. I believe CDL is a must. CYA! Of course all this info is probably worthless up there in the winter. It's 75 degrees here and glassy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know about the FEMA trailers slowing down. I just came back from Florida and must've passed 200 of them on their way down south. I heard one local RV plant had a contract w/ the government to produce 50,000 of them. They are making them at a rate of 200 per day. Seems like a train would be more efficient at delivery than one at a time.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
sell drugs out of your truck or traffic drugs to different parts of the USA is a good way and you will make a lot of money doing it to:joke: :lol: :joke: :lol::joke:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Seems like a train would be more efficient at delivery than one at a time.[/quote]

This is the Federal Government we are talking about. They have never heard of efficiency

·
Registered
225 Posts
They have used trains,seen one leaving Goshen In..Compaired to 1 month ago the FEMA trailers have slowed.I have delivered FEMA trailers to Purvis Ms,Baton Rouge La and Jasper Tx, the thing about this FEMA deal is there are more rumors than truth.animal 4500rvtransporter

1 - 20 of 27 Posts