Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to evrey body this is my first post on this board.

Well my truck got 1200 miles on it so I load the jeep on the trailor and off to the woods hunting. I put trans in tow haul mode things are good until I stop for fuel the second time and hear a bad wining noise when trans down shifts. I only hear it on down shift and it changes with the rpms. I was braking pretty hard when it started making noise.

This is my second duramax my 01 torque convertor bolts came out and made a big mess of things. So noises really get me jumping now.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
You should have watched that allison video that comes with your truck.
According to that video that noise is completely normal. Of course I can't hear it to confirm but I am confident that you don't have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Test Road,

Welcome to the "Place".

Max,

Video??? What video that comes with the truck???Edited by: SteveNorCal

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I got an allison VHS tape with my truck. It explains the functions of the allison, some noises that are normal etc.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Apparently another cost cutting measure, as I did not receive the tape.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Test Road

Bet you have my noise. Hydro Boost. Allisons don't wine anymore in '04 then they wined in '01. Same gear train, same trans except for a solenoid.

mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I do not understand is why it did not start this noise until I had to brake hard making it down shift fast. It is pretty loud not the normal sound at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts