Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 2500 with 6.5 turbo.my wastegate broke on my turbo.So i went out and bought a 95 turbo off a 6.5.

Here is the problem.I have the 93 turbo which had a spring that helped open the wastegate.Well the 95 has a vacuum operated wastegate.Could i just tap into my intake and run a fitting and run a line to it or is this turbo just not going to work? Really need help on this.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,454 Posts
I have replaced my 95 Turbo with TurboMaster which is more like the turbo on a 93.

Yes, you can just put the 93 spring actuator on a turbo from 95.
You don't need it to be vacuum actuated.

There are some people that actually thread the rod of 93 turbo actuator and make it adjustable.
Another option is to create the actuator or buy it from Heath Diesel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your intake isn't going to be drawing a vacuum, so running a line off of it won't help (that's why the diesels have a vacuum pump). Since your wastegate is broken you either need a new spring-based wastegate or convert the truck to a vacuum system to use the new turbo's wastegate (pump, solenoid, ecm, etc). Plenty of instructions laying around on how to create a spring wastegate, or pickup a new wastegate online. Unfortunately, the new turbo is redundant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.