Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Chiltons/Hayes has not yet published their manual for the 03 silverado's, it's too early for that.

Does anyone have recomendations for good manuals on the
d-max diesel?? Im the type that likes to understand
the mechanics of the engine and truck and do most of the
maintenance myself. (Tough to find a reputable mech these days)...
Edited by: egirardin

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Helm makes them, Go to Helminc.com

It's five books that cost $135 shipped if I remember right. They're great to have. You can also get them on CD ROM.

Hope this helps,

Ox

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
You can also buy GM manuals. Or at least you used to be able to. I have a full set for a 95 I had. IMHO I think they are way better then any other manuals you can buy. I can't remember what they cost but I don't think it was too bad.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
BlueOx03 said:
The Helm manuals are the same ones that GM mechanics use.
Helm also writes the Duramax owners manual.

Ox

I knew that too.. I really did.. No really I did!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I bought the Helms manuals and they are great. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a difference in the manuals, paper vs CD-rom, other than the price difference. Maybe the CD has more info?? How long does it take GM to release them to Helms, I ordered some back in '92 and I think I waited forever and a day to get them.

·
Registered
704 Posts
HenWay said:
Does anyone know if there is a difference in the manuals, paper vs CD-rom, other than the price difference. Maybe the CD has more info?? How long does it take GM to release them to Helms, I ordered some back in '92 and I think I waited forever and a day to get them.

I don't think there is any contnt differences, but I like the CD version best because it is searchable, and if you get a page all covered in grease, you can just print off another one.

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Sure Max, I believe you....

If I had it to do again, I would get the CDs. Like Amric said, they're searchable, you can write all over print outs and get em' greasy. But the big advantage of the CDs is that they cover most GM vehicles 98-04, they cost $300 though. If you own two or more GM rigs, it's a real good deal...
When I said most GM vehicles I meant all but Hummers and Saabs, sorry Mac

Here's a link to the CDs:
Helm CDs

Later!

Ox

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, I misssed out. Last night the auction was still up and all I had to do was give my payment info and one was going to be mine for the cash price of $20.00. Now itl looks like they are all gone.

I guess I will have to just keep on looking. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts