Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the following on the Van Aaken website and found it very interesting...

Comments from the heavyweights, here?

Interestingly if the MAF sensor is simply unplugged the response from the vehicle is to dramatically increase power, torque and boost below approximately 2500 RPM on a completely stock engine as shown in this rolling road graph. The effect is similar on a tuned vehicle, with the boost being allowed to rise quicker and the torque curve rising faster.

Obviously it is not a good idea to drive the vehicle on a daily basis with the MAF sensor unplugged as it will set engine codes and may set a warning light on your dashboard. It will briefly give that little extra bit of torque though if you are attending a dyno competition or drag strip…..

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I read the following on the Van Aaken website and found it very interesting...

Comments from the heavyweights, here?

Interestingly if the MAF sensor is simply unplugged the response from the vehicle is to dramatically increase power, torque and boost below approximately 2500 RPM on a completely stock engine as shown in this rolling road graph. The effect is similar on a tuned vehicle, with the boost being allowed to rise quicker and the torque curve rising faster.

Obviously it is not a good idea to drive the vehicle on a daily basis with the MAF sensor unplugged as it will set engine codes and may set a warning light on your dashboard. It will briefly give that little extra bit of torque though if you are attending a dyno competition or drag strip…..

I'm not sure why this would work since the ECM seems to depend on MAP not MAF.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts