Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
AS long as my air box is crushed I thought it would be less money to go with the AEM filter and 4" tube.
Can't remember if the egr is turned off in the tune (think so?) if not does the ID of the tube need to be around 3.5"

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
The ID of the tube needs to be the same as stock or the MAF rescaled regardless if the EGR is turned off.

Reactions: LCAC_Man

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it be to hot for pvc pipe? could glue the top part of existing mont on pipe. sch. 40 4" od 3.521 id.
Duane do you remember if the maf fit the spectre kit without the plastic adapter plate?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I see where there are other options available these days. Airaid has some options along with others. Maybe go with one of these newer 3.5" mounts and filters to keep things simple/affordable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks that looks like it might work

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trimmed up what was left of the throat of the air box 1/2 to 5/8" the 21-2288dk fits on loose but clamps down tight looks like a nice seal. A 2" pvc rubber cap and clamp will just fit over the raised rib where the resonator went. It will be a while before I have it to where I can put it on the truck. Working outside in the cold limits the days I'm willing to work on it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The ID of the tube needs to be the same as stock or the MAF rescaled regardless if the EGR is turned off.
yep, I had to do that with mine because the truck tune MAF scaling is based on that huge LBZ truck intake...I had to multiple the entire table by .66 to get it to work..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
getting a p0107 code map sensor low. any chance that could have anything to do with new air filter?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts