Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just a stupid question here. My MAF is frigged up, I tried cleaning it to no avail. Is there a resistor or something to fool the computer into thinking it is functional? A new one is $200+ I would rather spend that on gauges. Or could I find an F computer for x amount of dollars and eliminate those inputs? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
628 Posts
If the elimination of EGR will not interfere with any local emissions laws, I would do the F ECM swap. Another idea is to post up in the wanted forum for someone with a working MAF that has done the F ECM conversion that might be getting dusty in there garage.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have a MAF of my 98 that is no good to me now from doing my ECM swap. PM me if interested. Also, was told you could go to your dealer take you PCM there and tell to to flash it to a VIN# that you provide (of a F truck) for like 60$ or something. Maybe just a roomer but worth a try, and cheap up grade. I got mine out of a junkyard. good luck.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Many dealers won't flash S to F actually it's against the law for them to do it, best is get a junkyard F PCM if you want to bypass MAF

·
Registered
332 Posts
will any F computer do to delete the MAF? i thought 97 98's had MAF but 99-00 did not. Is there any difference in the years of F computers?

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I ran a 96 F in my before reflashing it

·
Registered
50 Posts
if i ordered a reflash from kennedy or ss diesel i could get an f style instead of my s right.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts