Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna get a new clutch and this is the one i want but i have some question.(Mac's DUAL DISK STREET CLUTCH not the puller)

I only pull my truck but 2 or 3 times a year will this be ok.?

Also im only runnin the edge now and maybe someday satckin will this hold plenty of hourspower?

And does anyone know of where all i can get them and prices. THANKS

·
Registered
319 Posts
Maybe CPMac can chime in here but I think if you plan on doing any pulling at all you need to get the pulling clutch

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Maybe CPMac can chime in here but I think if you plan on doing any pulling at all you need to get the pulling clutch
I dont think he meant competitive pulling, but rather pulling a light trailer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
When I got mine I was told that even if I thought I about hooking it to a sled or a heavy trailer, the dual disc street clutch WON'T hold it. If your gonna do any kinda pullin, you need the puller, "no ifs' ands' or buts'!" Do what you want, but I'm tellin ya, when I got mine, Evan told me if all I was going to do was drive and pull nothing, not even a lawn mower trailer, the
DD street would be fine. But do yourself a favor, and save yourself alot of headaches, get the DD puller. Spend the money once and be done with it. JMO!:ro)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright i think im gonna go with the puller clutch. Now if i could get ahold of evan at Crank it up diesel to set something up ide be good to go but thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Good luck! You don't know how much your DMF is holding your truck back. The SMF turns these things into a bullet on wheels!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good luck! You don't know how much your DMF is holding your truck back. The SMF turns these things into a bullet on wheels!!
Couldn't have said it better myself!!:ro) :grd:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Clutch

Get the puller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Can u run the street puller if you pull in 2-3 pulls a year???? Is the macs street puller smoother than the sbc setup???

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok u say it will hold up for 2-3 pulls a year but how much damage will it cause to the clutch discs by pulling it. Im not planning to have to change this clutch out for a long time and i pull twice a year and i dont wanna destoy a clutch in a year so im just wondering so sorry if this question just keeps gettin more specific

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks that what i needed to here so i think im gonna stick with the street version cuz i really dont have any reason to get the puller and when i pull im pretty easy on the clutch so i think i will be ok. Thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And also i would like some prices thanks on the street version of the dd

·
Registered
479 Posts
clutch?

Ok, Tell me what setup would work best. I live on a farm and pull trailors of hay and cattle every now and then, but not every day. Im looking to run the tts xtreme tune on the dmax, so that would put me at about 500 rwhp. I pull only maybe 2 times a year at a local truck pull. I will be more unloaded and daily driving, than loaded down everyday. So what do you think would be the best setup for my truck. Also I dont want a real heavy clutch peddal, But I want my clutch to last for years, So I want one reliable, and very long lasting for everything I just said above.
thank,
Phil

·
Registered
502 Posts
Get a hold of Evan and he'll fix you up. Like said above he has both so you'll get an unbias anwser from him.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Like was mentioned. If you have any questions about purchasing Macs clutches any of the guys at Crank it up diesel would be the ones to ask since they are supporting vendors. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Ok, Tell me what setup would work best. I live on a farm and pull trailors of hay and cattle every now and then, but not every day. Im looking to run the tts xtreme tune on the dmax, so that would put me at about 500 rwhp. I pull only maybe 2 times a year at a local truck pull. I will be more unloaded and daily driving, than loaded down everyday. So what do you think would be the best setup for my truck. Also I dont want a real heavy clutch peddal, But I want my clutch to last for years, So I want one reliable, and very long lasting for everything I just said above.
thank,
Phil
I use my truck almost the same as you, except i'm looking for more than 500 ponies i can say if i wasent doing that i would hold out for a southbend single disk, or try one of the macs single disk with the sprung hub, if you go with a unsprung kit be prepared to hear noises in your sleep!!!!!!!!! but i love my sbc and recomend them highly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts