Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mac, is your rig smellin' like MacFries?

Seriously,who is doing it?What are you using for a fuel filter set-up?Where do you get your free cholesterol?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I would be very interested in BIO, I cant believe that CA hasnt made it mandatory yet.

I saw a TV show today with Darryl Hannah promoting Bio fuels and oils. It was pretty interesting.

Does it really smell like popcorn coming out of the tail pipe?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
that's what i want to know. i wouldn;t mind running a slight blend but will i smell like a movie theater driving down the street....

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My friend runs bio in his dodge. He picks up grease at restaurants and converts it to biodiesel back on the farm. The smell is normal and it runs fine.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Anyone know the sulfur content of Biodiesel?

Also, are US automotive manufactures waiting for model year 2007 before building diesel vehicles because they will finally be able to pass emissions?

Anyone expect problems for pre-'07 diesel engine designs running lower sulfer diesel fuel?

Edited by: Ray403Dmax

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ray,

I believe that it is 0% for sulfur.

I believe there should be no problem. The low sulfur is avalable in Europe right now and they have tested several Mercedes and VW products with flying colors. If anything these diesels should run better with a purer cleaner fuel (this is just a guess but from the results of Flitering I would think this is a good guess)

Also, the University of South Florida runs biodiesel in all their diesel equipment. They claim a cost about about 10 cents more per gal but a better running and more environmentally friendly engine. I attend school there and would if people were interested talk to the Transportation Director and get some info on their findings. P.S. They run 6.5L Turbo diesels, Duramaxes, Cat, cummins and various small diesels.

Lenny

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I'd be interested to hear their opinion. maybe you can get some statistical data..

·
Registered
285 Posts
Diesel Power,

I'll see what I can come up with if you could bear (SP?) with me Untill Tuesday as I have 2 test comming up, If I have some free time I will try and stop by and talk to them Friday.

oh it smells like popcorn sometimes when they go by.

Lenny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts