Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody local that has a lux amp available ?? I bought a lux amp off e-bay, did the install yesterday. I'm not getting any sound out of my left side speakers. I believe I got a bad channel on the amp, naturally the guy said it worked when I bought it.

I was hoping somebody local may have a Lux amp I could diagnose my system with. Possibly purchase it if it's for sale.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Also I thought somebody posted a link a couple of weeks ago for a new LUX amp for around $320. Can't seem to find the post, am I dreaming ??

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Any luck with the Ebay seller returning it?

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I would have volunteered before to reprogram your amp for you but you don't list a location in your sig. I'm in Sant Clarita as well and own a Tech 2.

Although I don't own a candii module so I may not be able to communicate with your truck. We can try, if you like.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any luck with the Ebay seller returning it?
Have'nt contacted them yet. I just would like to be sure the channel is bad before trying to make good on the product.

The dealer wouldn't allow me to "supervise" the programming this morning at the dealer, insurance liability they said, whatever. So I'm not 100% sure they did what "we" told 'em to do, I gave them the instructions that I printed up.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
I would have volunteered before to reprogram your amp for you but you don't list a location in your sig. I'm in Sant Clarita as well and own a Tech 2.

Although I don't own a candii module so I may not be able to communicate with your truck. We can try, if you like.
Trippin AFAIK you dont need a CANdi box to talk to the body and chassis on the 2006 trucks. Only the engine and TCM need it. Ive talked to the body on my friend's 2006 LLY and it works fine.

Ben

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glamisboy,

If you have not verified the radio is at fault, you should swap that first with another Lux truck, much easier and immediate answer...I had a similar issue with my right channels and it was the HU not the amp. Can call me if you want to talk about my experiences/repairs etc..804-339-2984

Bill

Also, GMPARTSDIRECT sells the amps fpr 320.00, if you can find a cool dealer, like I did, they will match the price and add anywhere from 5-15%, which still beats shipping.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
I dont think you'll find a dealer to match that price.

The dealer cost of the Lux amp is like 417 dollars.

Ben

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ben,

I have had luck doing that, has to be an in person thing, but on both my nav disc and amp they did 10% over GMPD

Worth a try anyway! Hopefully will get lucky like I did!

Bill

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
hmmm definetly something to try!

thanks Bill :)

-Ben

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
good call...I clicked on it from the "posts since you last visited" thing so I didnt even see it was in electrical :D

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Think this is more of a wanted post and might consider to be moved there. Just my opinion...
We are trying to solve his problem and offering solutions as well as alternatives to buying another one from an Ebay seller.

I think it belongs in Electrical as no one that is trying to solve a similar issue as Glamisboy in the future will look in the wanted section.

That's just my opinion.......................

But hey, Moderate away.............

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Glamisboy,

I got you covered. Ben was right, I don't need a Candii to talk to your 2006 BCC.

At least it worked on the 2006 gas truck with 3,000 miles I just tried it on.

I'll call you and see if we can get together over the weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.