Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a strange jump from my truck when feathering the brake to stop. Just before I'm fully stopped, once in a while there's a thunk and the truck lurches.

It's almost as though the transmission is grabbing a gear and trying to go.

The frequency of this happening is increasing, too.

Any thoughts?

'07 Classic 2500HD LBZ, stock except 285s.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
First off, how many miles on the truck?

Feathering? Are you on and off the pedal as you come to a stop?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
275,000 kms. That's about 170,000 miles.

Feathering = braking slowly, not stabbing them on for a panic stop. And steady braking, rather than pumping.

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
Moved to drive train for better exposure.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Just make sure you report back after you fix the problem. This always helps a lot of other people when you do this.:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just make sure you report back after you fix the problem. This always helps a lot of other people when you do this.:thumb:
For sure. I do have the steering wheel twitching to the left on some stops, which I found as a diagnosis for a bad driver's side sensor with the ABS triggering unnecessarily. I do get ABS pulsing on dry stops occasionally too.

As I understand it, the speed sensor also talks to the transmission, which could trigger the lurch?

·
Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Reactions: D.Camilleri

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Reactions: D.Camilleri

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: lubing the spline reduced it by 95%. Still get the odd hop.

Wheel sensors go in Oct. 8th.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ABS lamp came on after new sensors in, but no code set. Go figure.

My mech had a hunch, so he swapped hubs side to side and the pull swapped with it, as well as the incongruent speed readings on his scanner.

Turns out the tuning gear in the hub (Delco about 4 yrs old) was hooped - new hub, she is fixed!

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
ABS lamp came on after new sensors in, but no code set. Go figure.

My mech had a hunch, so he swapped hubs side to side and the pull swapped with it, as well as the incongruent speed readings on his scanner.

Turns out the tuning gear in the hub (Delco about 4 yrs old) was hooped - new hub, she is fixed!
Glad the issue is resolved.
Thanks for giving us an update!

:thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts