Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are these things to install? I imagine holes must be drilled, are there any leak problems?

Any glare off of the hood from the lights?

·
Registered
165 Posts
They install easily. Bolts go inside the door edge by the weatherstripping. My experience with them is that they make a lot of noise. didn't like it (looked cool and the lights were neat) and took it off, sold it.

Good luck,

Bob

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had one on my 2001 Dmax, and hoot is correct, they look cool
, but they make a LOT of wind noise

Cheers

Bear

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I really like the looks of them.. Is the wind noise much with the windows up?

Do the lights reflect off the hood when you're driving or do you not notice them up there from inside the cab?

·
Registered
93 Posts
There was a lot of wind noise with the windows up @ highway speeds. I had to crank the stereo pretty high to listen to it. Lights do reflect off of hood a little, but it never bothered me. If I could rig one up that diden't give all that wind noise, there woud be one on my 02 Dmax.

Cheers

Bear

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered it today, I'll give a review when it's been on for awhile. Making a 4400 mile road trip in two weeks so if the wind noise doesn't drive me nuts it's a keeper.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought mine, it's at the paint shop. You guys that have run them, do you get any light coming through the back of the bulbs? If so, how did you block it? I was warned that this happens often with these visors but I've never seen it.

Also do you know what bulbs it comes with? The packaging is with the paint guy in the next town and I'd like to get some LED's for install time..

Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Old post I know but Camstyn - did you get your visor? Was it a moonvisor ( screws into roof) or a lunar visor (mounts the way son of a gun describes) If you got it do you like it, wind noise? pics? Thanks

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup I got it, it's the moonvisor that screws into the roof. There is some more wind noise now, tolerable though. Here's a pic, I've since replaced the bulbs with 6-point amber LED's. Nice thing is that when you're inside, you can't even see it outside of the windshield unless you duck down and look up at it. No obstruction of the field of vision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts