Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Lund coldfront installed on their truck? How is it to install, any problems with the unit, any recommendations, ballpark price? I really don't want to install the factory bra/coldfront. It appears from some of the pictures that the Lund unit is being used by some on the forum. If there are other options for cold weather fronts for our trucks let me know and THANKS for any/all input!!

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I just put a cloud rider (made by lund) stainless steel cold front on mine. It will cost you around $100. Easy to install and I think it looks pretty good. Make sure you get the one with the bumper covers as well.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
If you want I can take a pic of my GMC with it on. I can't find any pics on the net.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Max Power thanks for your response. If it would not be too much trouble pictures would be great. Does it look like the one on Mav's truck? I saw some pictures of his truck on this site with a plow and some type of cold front installed. Appreciate the effort!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Max Power, where did you get the Lund Cold Front? I've searched all over the net and can't find a Cold Front to fit a 04 Sierra HD. I see you have a 03, which is the same as a 04, so any info you could provide would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I have the plastice screen front and cold front made by lund. Mine are in 6 pieces... It sucks to put on... You have to pull the plastic cover over the grill and use some funky mounting brackets to notch on the grill. Then, hope you are not off a hole....... I hate to put it on.... but it does not scratch anything and looks nice when its there....

Max are yours like that also.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I have the Lund Stainless Screen Front which is the same as the cold front except for the slots.

It clamps on with flat "S" hooks with black plastic capped screws.

There is one problem.... the attachment hardware rusts and locks up. Too bad they don't make that stuff out of stainless. Anybody installing one be sure to grease the hardware liberally.

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Sorry the truck is dirty.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
One more.

Anyone who sells lund can get them. Most places that sell truck accessories, sell lund. Lund was very popular a few years ago. This is called the Cloud Rider winter front.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The stainless steel grill insert I bought for my cargo van, supposedly a genuine GM product, also has "Cloud Rider" etched into it. Hmmm..

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Gm has other people manufacture pretty much all of their accessories.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Max Power, thanks for the pictures and effort.
That is what I want-- now to find one.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Wow Max,

That is sure nice compared to my plastic... and its one piece, not six different ones.... Looks very nice.... I may have to see if they make the same for chevy...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just went to my local accessory dealer... this guy sells everything. He ended up calling Lund because it wasn't in his book. The Lund rep told him that they sell the stainless only in the screen front. They have the cold cover in black plastic.

I checked out cloud-rider.com and they list the stainless cold cover. They obviously make them since since Max Power has one. They must just not be in the states yet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
When I checked last year, there was only the plastic for the '03 Chevy so that's what I got. Haven't reinstalled it this season as the Tº's are still fairly mild. Hopefully the hardware is all ok to use again. Will look at spraying it this time around. It came off in the spring without any glitches.

I believe it's now available, p/n 87076 - at least that's what came up when I searched by Vehicle model...

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I don't know why I thought that could rider was made by lund. I think that is not correct. Mine is definately a cloud rider and it doesn't look like its made by lund.

www.cloud-rider.com is the product I have.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Talk about a religious owner.

Cloud-Rider Designs Ltd. Exists:
• to glorify God
• to demonstrate Biblical principles for life and business
• to create high quality products at fair prices
• to provide a healthy and prosperous working environment in a corporate family atmosphere
• to touch people's lives in practical ways

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Max Power said:

• to glorify God
• to provide a healthy and prosperous working environment in a corporate family atmosphere
I personally think it's great. We plaster trash all over the place like it's the norm. This should be the norm.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
hoot said:
Max Power said:

• to glorify God
I personally think it's great. We plaster trash all over the place like it's the norm. This should be the norm.

Not gonna get into a religious discussion here. Too many different point of views and to each their own. I don't like people preaching to me and I am not going to preach on them.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts