Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a very stupid question, but I shall ask it. I bought my truck from a privat party that put new rims and tires on the truck and was supplied the stock wheels and tires. I would like to install them ( The 2500HD) on my Suburban (which is also an 8 lug).

I need to know what lugnuts I need to get in order install the tires and the stock caps that came on it. I assume I need the ones that are like a donut where the cap can go connect to the studs. Is this correct?

Do you think I can go to a tire shop and ask for some that have been removed from the stock where people have upgraded?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I not sure what you mean by "doughnut" the stock lugnuts have internal and external threads. The black plastic lugnuts on the centercaps screw down onto the external threads on the lugnut, not the stud. Getting a set from a tire place that does takeoffs is a very good Idea.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Just make sure they are the cone type lugs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I not sure what you mean by "doughnut" the stock lugnuts have internal and external threads. The black plastic lugnuts on the centercaps screw down onto the external threads on the lugnut, not the stud. Getting a set from a tire place that does takeoffs is a very good Idea.
You answered my question. I have never seen the stock lugnuts, so that is why I was asking. I had no idea they had internal and external threads.

Thank you

Ron

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
No prob, glamisnor, we're here to help! I was looking for some OEM steel wheels to mount my winter tires a month or so ago and couldn't find any anywhere. A Big O tire shop had PYO aluminum takeoffs and I wound up buying them at what I thought was a good price, $265 for four. As I was loading them up, the guy came out with a plastic bag full of lugnuts and four brandy new centercaps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts