Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size the factory lugnuts are on a 2500HD?

I'm looking at getting a 4way wrench and haven't had a chance to find out what size the nuts are.

Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I do not know what size the lug nuts are but all of the 4 way wrenches I tried were either to loose or to tight. I guess if you go to a high dollar wrench you can get a good fit. I finally solved my problem by J B Welding a strip of sheet metal into the socket. This made a nice snug fit and it does not feel like I am going to round the corners off the nuts every time I use the wrench.

One thing that I have found useful on the 4 way wrenches is to paint the end that fits, that way you don’t have to hunt for the correct end.

By the way, I have a dog named LugNut.Edited by: ag4gt

·
Registered
817 Posts
22 mm I believe is the true size.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I confirm the 22mm. Most all the 4-ways I have seen have been SAE, haven't seen any in metric. I bet if you could find a metric 4-way, it would fit snug.

On edit, I guess it looks like Craftsman makes a metric 4-way up to 22mm. Ah, another new tool I need!
Edited by: 3-Fan

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I bought a "monster wrench" which is basically a sliding (expanding) 1/2" drive breaker bar and a Craftsman 22mm 1/2" drive deep socket.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys!

Picked up a fairly heavy Metric 4way designed for RVs and Trucks at PepBoys at lunch

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Ditto on the 7/8" wrenches. 7/8" = .875" & 22mm = .866" How much closer do you need. Most all 4 way wrenches are 6 point. A 12 point socket might lock up. Later! Frank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts