Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering switching my console out for a jump seat. Anyone know how hard this is to do? Anyone got any steps how to do it? TIA

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Yes, I've gone the opposite route. It is e-a-s-y. You first need to procure BOTH a folding jump seat from an '03+ and the lower dash piece that goes from the right edge of the driver's seat all the way to the passenger door (includes glove box).
After you find your 2 parts the swap is easy; just remove your 2 front seats, the lower dash panel, and, of course, the center console. Then reinstall the new gear. That was my experience doing it for what it's worth.
VERY IMPORTANT! Your old lower dash pieces (2) are useless as they are without your center console...unless you like a really big hole there. SO, Advertise in the FOR SALE/WANTED section (my preference) as I'm sure you can find someone to just trade with who has the jump seat parts! Whatever deal you make is up to you.
In any case, there are always guys looking for the other option.
Good luck!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I had my dealer make the change from console to flip down console seat . . biggest challenge was where to place the amp & subwoofer (both in the original console). The amp fit under the console seat & ended up having a sub box made & installed behind one of the rear seats. The only other PITA was cutting out a plastic cover to place over the opening where the air went to the back seats thru the console . . All in all, love the change & flexibility of a six seater while still being able to use a console when the seat is not needed.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have the center console with folding seat in my 03 and would like to trade with you if possible. Give me your email and I will send pics. I will remove the center dash piece, also. Let me know.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Nope. This is like the third instance where someone has been interested in swapping the center console for my fold up seat and nobody ever responded. The one time someone did respond and traded pictures with me, the console was an 02! :mad:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looks like you and I will be fighting over dibs untill someone decides to go for it!:) Did you ever go to GM and price a console out? I would be interested to see what they go for.

Nate

·
Registered
98 Posts
Last year I got a new company truck that had the non folding centre seat. Called up the dealer and the had just taken over 50 folders out of trucks that a company didn't want them in the trucks. So I bought one from them for hundred bucks and swapped the solid seat to the folder......material is different but thats OK in a company truck. Dealer was Shaw Pontiac,Buick,GMC in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I saw them all stacked up in there body shop...........that was last summer though so I imagine they have done something with them by now.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Hey Drywall, I asked my dealer parts department what they went for prior to doing my conversion and they told me $1500...don't know if any rear seat audio controls and such were included or not but sure made me feel better for what I did mine for.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Looks like you and I will be fighting over dibs untill someone decides to go for it!:) Did you ever go to GM and price a console out? I would be interested to see what they go for.

Nate
Yep! ):h It just bugs me that I can't get through to anyone on this site, even though they want to swap out their consoles for the seat!!!! :rant:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey, i have a center console i will swap for the center fold up seat. I have light gray leather interior. Oh yeah, and my truck is an 02.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey, i have a center console i will swap for the center fold up seat. I have light gray leather interior. Oh yeah, and my truck is an 02.
Put it in the for sale or wanted forum...the 02 won't work for antee77 and my 03+ trucks. Thanks anyway.

Nate

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I have a medium grey 2004 full floor console i will be selling in a few weeks.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Oh man, you got me all excited! I almost went through with swapping with another member for an 02 console. He was fully cooperative and was awesome to deal with up to that point, but I backed out when I confirmed how much of PITA it is to install an 02 console in an 03 truck. Too bad. Thanks anyways. :)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
console

I was the one with the 02 console, I had traded for an 04 console, but it was the wrong color for my truck. I am now inthe position to aquire the correct color console for my truck and will be selling this grey one. If you or anybody else is interested, give me a pm & I will take photos and work out details. The photos will be of the console mounted in my truck though.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
antnee, the 02 console is no more a pita to install than an 04. you still have to have the correct glove box setup for either one, and if you are going from a center seat console, you dont have the correct glove box unless you have already bought one. The 02 console I had came witht he correct glove box piece, so it would have been an easier swap than the 04 console, unless you have the glove box piece. luckyly though, you can buy this glove box on ebay for around $30.00. Just pm me if you are interested in the 04 grey console I will be selling.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'm interested. What are you looking to get for it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts