Diesel Place banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:):):) I have seen on some of these threads about Low Sulfer, Ultra low Sulfer.
I thought that as of 1/1/07 all stations were to have only ULSD avalable by EPA law.
All you can find around here ( Nashville,Tn) is ULSD.
I think by 2010 all there is suposed to be is SuperULSD.
I may not know (as usual ) what I am talking about ;just thought some of you may know. THANKS.
:help2::driver::chevy::saluteusa::thankyou2

·
Registered
250 Posts
I know of 3 stations here in WV that still sell LSD. At least that's what the sticker on the pump says. One station (a truck stop) sells both according to the pumps.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Love's truck stop on 290 outside of houston still sells LSD. Thats the first station i've seen with it in a long time.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have seen ULSD and LSD here in RTP, NC. It goes by station though, some have one but not the other.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know here in california all i've seen is the ULSD...now this summer in montana i saw some LSD but their emmission laws are a lot less strict than california...so i don't expect to see it here

·
Registered
746 Posts
what is the reference to SULSD in the title of this message? are they really going to try and reduce the amount of sulfer in the diesel fule below what is required now?? where is it going to end

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
LSD (Low Sulfur Diesel) < 500 ppm sulfur
ULSD (Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel) < 15 ppm sulfur

LSD - Available everywhere through Sept 2006. After that date, all stations in California selling on-road diesel fuel must sell ULSD fuel.

ULSD - Mandated by the EPA for all on-road diesel engines built after Jan. 1, 2007 - must be available everywhere by 2010. Currently still available for Off-Road vehicles and most states outside of California for on-road vehicle that can legally use it.

I've never heard of SuperULSD fuel.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
:):):)
I think SULSD is 5 PPM sulfer. SuperULSD;by 2010 I may be wrong.????????
So will the LSD clog the DPF?
YOU are right, it is never going to stop; I guess they had to do something.
:bow::chevy::saluteusa::thankyou2

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I hadn't seen LSD for quite awhile. I found it at a Pilot truck stop about a month ago, and I've been buying it there ever since.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
ULSD here.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
15 ppm by 2010 is the EPA law, there is no super ulsd.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
SULSD=Biodiesel? there is very little sulphur in bio, i know that...Just a thought.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
usld shoudl be in all on road pumps by the first of this last year
lsd still can be used off road till 2010
never heard of sulsd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts