Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking into getting some Deaver springs for the front of my 06 4x4 Kodiak crew cab. They said it would raise the front another inch and a half. The front of these trucks already looks really high, has anyone done anything to lower them? I know there is not a lot of room but is there anything that can be done? or not really?

·
Administrator
21,809 Posts
I was looking into getting some Deaver springs for the front of my Kodiak and they said it would raise the front another inch and a half. The front of these trucks already looks really high, has anyone done anything to lower them? I know there is not a lot of room but is there anything that can be done? or not really?
Please tell us more about your Kodiak ( Year, Make, Model ) and list all mods
(y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Please tell us more about your Kodiak ( Year, Make, Model ) and list all mods
(y)
Sorry about that LOL I guess I didn't put any info in there... It's an 06 crew cab 4x4 with the Duramax and Allison. (I will edit the original post)

I have not really done any mods to it yet but I'm considering the Deaver springs, getting the transmission reflashed to a 6 speed, a ppe tuner, possibly an exhaust system, and if I feel really ambitious maybe build air ride for the cab.

I'm also open to suggestions people have as ways to improve these trucks. It will be a work truck 80 plus percent of the time, and haul our camper when we go on trips the rest of the time:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 4x4 also , I thought about lowering it also , I think the easiest way would be to remove the lower spring spacers on the front , and cut 1 inch out the rear & welded back together , but I am going to wait till I get new tires 265/70R19.5 vs the 245/70R19.5. those small tires look absolutely goofy . Let me know if you find a better solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.