Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best kit for lowering an 02 Dually 2WD? I don't want is scrapping the road. Just lowering it to put the wheels in the wells. I have 10 lug 19.5 Alcoas on it now but I am going back to 16" alcoas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
:cool2: finally someone lowering their truck instead of lifting it

im going to buy my kit from Stylinconcepts.com....the kits are made by AirBar for the rear and CoolRide for the front

Rear:
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.aspx/partfamilyid/1127/CategoryID/30/SubcategoryID/109

Front:
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.aspx/partfamilyid/1122/CategoryID/30/SubcategoryID/109

You are gona have to get a air compressor kit also, i chose
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx/partID/497533/PartFamilyID/1129/SubcategoryID/109/CategoryID/30
with this one i can control all 4 bags seperately

but if you want to go cheaper, go with
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx/partID/398652/PartFamilyID/1129/SubcategoryID/109/CategoryID/30
and you can control the front 2 bags and the rear 2 bags seperately

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have an 03 lowered with the djm 6/8 they also offer a 3/5 and another company out there called mcgaughtys offers the same a 3/5 but with keys or spindles. here are a couple of picks of the 6//8 working and sitting and one for FORDTRUKKIN a 1999 bagged laying it down, this set up was built in my shop and took a month to do, had around 4500 in the set up and none was ART for the money save went ot other goodies. the red black is lowered with djm 6/8 19.5 the black chevy is art kit on 19 don drives, the charcoal with the boat is a 6/8 now with 63k miles on it, the ford is custom set up as stated.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The black chevy you pictured is the way I am hoping to go. That looks beautiful! Thanks for the help and pictures.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine is a 3/5 but 4X4

Take a look at sig and garage.

Mike

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'd try and find someone else to deal with rather than stylin, their prices are on the high side.
I've gotta 5/8 more like 7/8 and it rides fine except for the occasional tire rub in the inner fenders, and without the HUGE "C" notch it'd ride like complete crap in the rear. I'm also running 225/75/16's up front, it's a 96 body.

And that black 1 is bagged? Where can I find them wheels in 19", maybe a link or something?????

·
Registered
565 Posts
the wheels on the black one are called Don by DRIV dont have a link for them on this computer, will have a link for you around friday though.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I totally agree on the lowered look of the dually.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Here's mine

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the DJM on my 01, it's a gas 8.1. I also have the Brentz 19.5's, here is a pic towing my boat. You can also see pics of it on Brentz site, under the wheel "lightning".

I also have a custom 24" paint protection kit to protect my paint. I am the President/CEO of Proform Protective Films...Best of luck with your lowering, I love the ride on mine...Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awesome looking ride Proform!! Do you yave any bigger pics of just the truck? How do you like the ride of your 19.5's compared to the stock wheels? I have 2 AccuRide steel inner wheels for my project, but I have yet to purchase the outer's because of the multiple negative posts that I have read about the big wheels. What kind of tires do you have? Were there any rubbing issues?

Brock

·
Registered
186 Posts
Awesome looking ride Proform!! Do you yave any bigger pics of just the truck? How do you like the ride of your 19.5's compared to the stock wheels? I have 2 AccuRide steel inner wheels for my project, but I have yet to purchase the outer's because of the multiple negative posts that I have read about the big wheels. What kind of tires do you have? Were there any rubbing issues?

Brock
What negative comments have ya heard???

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm gonna try, but Brentz are too pricy for me and Rickson's look like crap to me and they're pricey too. I like the american force wheels, they look good and are alot cheaper. I will have mine cut down to a 19".

What I mean by crap is if you look at the rickson wheels, the center flat area where the lugs are is huge compared to stockers... the american force has the small area like the stockers so it looks like more design in the wheel. Ya gotta look at em to see what I'm talking about. But american force only makes 10holes.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Brock
Thanks Brock,
I love the ride, Brent is a friend of mine,we talk frequently and get together at SEMA each year. The only rubbing issue I have had was after I had to replace my washer line, the plastic pieces for holding the fender wheel in failed and it flapped loose at speed and rubbed, other than that it has been perfect, the ride is superb, Ive been clocked at 120 and it still rode smooth and tracked fine. I too have steel inners, they were balanced with equal and then literally bolted on, havent done anything except clean them since. here is a close up behind my shop the day they went on (From Brents site). you can now see the cowl induction hood and the 14 inch viper stripes down the length of the truck, next week a new front bumper and painted to match upper and lower bumper caps go on...then comes the whipple:D
http://www.brentzwheels.com/updates/195-lightning/lightning4.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts