Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 inches in the front 4in the rear

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Looks good man, and don't get hurt by the guys that are gonna pipe in and say negative comments. If I didn't need my truck for what I do now, I would still have lowered trucks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i use this truck mostly for work im a building contractor in alaska just got tired of never being able to reach in the bed and it looks better with 20 inch wheels i think

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont really care what other people say they can do what they want to there truck

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Look a like a flat foot, thats what you like it cool sharp

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Looks great. I like the idea of being lower for working out of it, to bad you can't have both.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That's different! I think it looks really good. I don't know anything about lowering the fronts on these trucks. How does it ride?

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
3 inches in the front 4in the rear

You did EXACTLY what I want to do!

So what did you do?

What kit did you use?

Spindles and shackles?

About what do you have in it, minus the wheels and tires?

I have been wanting to lower my truck just like this, Please fill me in.

IT LOOKS AWSOME!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
OK I'll be the first with a negative comment.

Personally I think it's a complete ruination of a perfectly good work truck designed for towing and hauling large loads. Why spend +40K for a 3/4 ton diesel only to kill it's capacity? Why not mod a 1/2 ton which is half the price and what you'll wind up with anyway?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Is that 4 wheel drive? If so i want to know how you did it. By the way looks good man:ro)

·
Registered
6,574 Posts

Personally I think it's a complete ruination of a perfectly good work truck designed for towing and hauling large loads. Why spend +40K for a 3/4 ton diesel only to kill it's capacity? Why not mod a 1/2 ton which is half the price and what you'll wind up with anyway?

It is his truck, he can do with it as he pleases, and besides they do not offer a 6.6L turbo diesel in a 1500 series truck.

It looks great, please share what kit you went with to do the drop.
I am going back in for lower back surgury again for the 3rd time, so anything to get in and out of my truck easier would be great.
I am wanting a 3" drop in the front, with a 4" drop in the rear, it would make getting in and out a breeze!

Please share!

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
Is that 4 wheel drive? If so i want to know how you did it. By the way looks good man:ro)

Look at the picture again, it has 4X4 on the rear quarters

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
It is his truck, he can do with it as he pleases, and besides they do not offer a 6.6L turbo diesel in a 1500 series truck.

It looks great, please share what kit you went with to do the drop.
I am going back in for lower back surgury again for the 3rd time, so anything to get in and out of my truck easier would be great.
I am wanting a 3" drop in the front, with a 4" drop in the rear, it would make getting in and out a breeze!

Please share!
Not to be taken the wrong way I fully understand it's his truck to do with as he pleases and I can't see where I said otherwise. Just stating my personal opinion that it's pretty much killed as a 3/4 ton truck. To each his own....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hey, I like the 'slammed' look, but if you put more than 10# on the hitch, then what do you do?

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Not to be taken the wrong way I fully understand it's his truck to do with as he pleases and I can't see where I said otherwise. Just stating my personal opinion that it's pretty much killed as a 3/4 ton truck. To each his own....

not necessarily....

DP magazine did an article on a lowered one ton dually.... airbags front and rear, different suspension components that returned truck to original ride quality. it hauled an enclosed 10k trailer just as well if not better than it did while stock.

IMO the only thing a lowered truck loses is ground clearance. i've been in many lowered rides that handled as well, towed as well, and in general did everything that the vehicle did while it was stock, as well or better lowered.

as far as the killing the capabilities of a 3/4 ton truck, what do you think happens when someone jacks their 3/4 pickup up 6" and adds 35 or 37" tires??? everything has to be adjusted to accomodate that height. trailers need higher attach points, flipped axles, whatever it takes to make the trailers ride right. same thing with loads in the truck bed: everything has to be moved an additional 8-12" in the air to put it in the bed.

truck looks good, last one.... love the lowered look with 20's.... :thumb:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Look at the picture again, it has 4X4 on the rear quarters

Good call i missed that one:banghead: I was thinking about doing the same thing but with 22s not sure yet

·
Registered
1,978 Posts

So why does lowering your truck kill its capacity??? It still has the same suspension.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i never had a problem towing any thing yet. most things that you might wanna tow puts most the weight on the trailer if your smart about it. i haul drywall scraps bed loaded probably1500 2000 pounds it rides pretty close to the bumpstops and there cut off like half way in the front and rear to allow for more travel. Well first of all i just lowered the torsion bars almost all the way down. for the rear, since im all the way up in ak. i had to improvise and make my own shackles in the rear its vary simple to do and probably stronger. i did not want to wait or pay for the shipping. also when you make your own parts it pretty hands on experience. i had to get shocks that were about 2 1/2 inches shorter for the back. i still have not replaced the front on shocks. i think that it still handles about the same or depending on the way u drive it, it might even be better. sweear to god when i drove to anchorge 300 miles away from where i live, through a mountain pass most the way, i used about ten or so dollars less than usaul in fuel. arodynamics i think thats what they call it. and its defanatly more easy to get into waymore comtrable i can also reach almost half way across the truck bed now. so if you find any of this wastfull or in some way ruining this truck your mamma probably hit you like this when you were a baby:smashfrea

1 - 20 of 97 Posts