Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Silverado 2500HD - Mods pending.....
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just picked up my first Duramax a little while ago and just yesterday it seemed to get a tick and a bit of an exhaust smell standing beside the driver's door. Not sure if the smell is new or not, never noticed it before, but the tick is definitely. It sounds like it is by the exhaust manifold but not sure. I recorded it, hoping someone has good news over bad lol. Commmmme on good news! Lol

·
Administrator
18,471 Posts
Hey everyone, just picked up my first Duramax a little while ago and just yesterday it seemed to get a tick and a bit of an exhaust smell standing beside the driver's door. Not sure if the smell is new or not, never noticed it before, but the tick is definitely. It sounds like it is by the exhaust manifold but not sure. I recorded it, hoping someone has good news over bad lol. Commmmme on good news! Lol

It's a normal Duramax typewriter ticking you hear

·
Registered
2006 Silverado 2500HD - Mods pending.....
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you that's what I thought it might be. But it wasn't there the first week of driving then just started. It's all the way through rpm range and if I am at load, then let off the throttle it goes away completely for a few seconds. Just wanted to be sure. Thank you so much for your help the forums have already been awesome and I'm sure there's going to be 100,000 more things I'm going to dig into lol!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts