Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Boost stick, boost levels were at 32 LBS. Now all I can get is 25 LBS. I checked the rubber boots connected to the intercooler and found one that had some seepage of oil. Cleaned the boot and retorqued the clamps and made no differance.:( I am assuming there is a leak somewhere but can't seem to find it. Anyone have a situation like this and can give me some advice on what to check next? Is there another common place that I should be looking? Or am I looking for something entirely differant like something else that might cause this problem?

·
Registered
262 Posts
take off boost stick and get another reading that's what I'd do first

·
Registered
593 Posts
if your useing the edge/att then it will read less the boost stick fools the edge to think it has less you will need a mechanical gauge to see real boost ask duratothemax about the edge readings

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
if your useing the edge/att then it will read less the boost stick fools the edge to think it has less you will need a mechanical gauge to see real boost ask duratothemax about the edge readings
Exactly... just like using a programmer throws off the DIC readings, the Boost Stick is electrical and it throws off the "digital" boost readings, but you can't fool a mechanical boost guage.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a autometer 0-60PSI boost guage, not the EDGE for boost readings. I wonder why this was moved from the engine section to electronic section? Maybe the moderator secretly knows my problem is electrical???

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
I use a autometer 0-60PSI boost guage, not the EDGE for boost readings. I wonder why this was moved from the engine section to electronic section? Maybe the moderator secretly knows my problem is electrical???
this is why I moved it... "Installed Boost stick".. that's aftermarket, power and performance, and electrical.. LOL... anyways, figured you'd get better response in here.

If you are using a mechanical guage then that is surely odd you lost boost.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe it is an elevation thing??

·
Registered
66 Posts
In your last post regarding this issue, I thought you said you lost boost when you disconnected your EGR because of your turbo bark problem. Is the EGR still dis-connected? If the loss is EGR related, I would say to try out a blocker plate but keep the EGR plugged in.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Egr has been plugged since a few weeks ago. And it was running 32 LBS, now dropped to 25. Weird.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts