Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while back about this. A little more detail. Occasionally my trucks engine will start running strangely. Not bad, just different. It gets noisier, the RPMs' go up at idle, and - strangely - the cruise control quits working. It usually only lasts till I shut it off. When I restart it it's back to normal. As far as "normal" is concerned, this is when the oil pressure seems quite low. Low enough to cause the "check gauges" light to go on. Usually only when I come to a stop after driving at highway speeds for a while. It seems to actually have more power when it's running "wierd" but not to a degree I'd consider very noticable, so it may just be my imagination. Still, can't help but wonder what's going on. Thanks for input. Love this truck!!

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Anyone suggest changing the OPS - which would effect not only the gage, but also the Lift Pump, which could 'lean'-out the Inj Pump, causing engine rpm to increase, with increased advance.

Same thing happens when running out of fuel........

·
Registered
187 Posts
The low oil pressure sure sounds like an OPS problem. David?, have you tried opening the T-valve to see if you have a steady stream of fuel coming out? Read the FAQ's, there are some troubleshooting items that might help you out with this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts