Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'd like some input and some recommendations.. Im a huge supporter of LeroyDiesel and Quadstar, i have a lot of respect for any body honestly whom is trying to keep a market for parts available for these old trucks.. however, as a full time technician and part time sixfiveguy i do things my own way lol

On my '96, im leaking a small amount of air somewhere i want to believe. After getting it on the road, almost 3k miles it hasnt missed a lick, however today, out of the blue after about a 5 miles drive, i thought she was going to leave me stranded after a stall. After jumping the LP and purging air from the FFM, it fired back up and went 110 miles home, started and stopped a few times, for a rest and has been fine.. still is fine

Not really here to discuss the million things that will cause this with a 6.5 cause ive been there done that lol- im here to ask THIS QUESTION:

im ditching the stock LP, tank sock, and FFM. I want to run something similar to the 'FTB' mod, mount a nice Racor unit probably on the front accessory bracket where what i want to believe a second alternator would go (i will fab a bracket), setup a LP pre-filter that is a canister style, and buy a decent LP.

What Racor setup would someone recommend? I want to have a schrader valve for bleeding, and preferable dual outputs. Also, what filter and micron rating? I would say a 20 micron behind the LP and 10 at the engine would suffice?

Also, i dont particularly want to route back under the intake with my feed to the IP, so i want to purchase the FTB kit from leroy but all i really need is the fitting to replace the 1/4 barb in the IP..

ONE LAST QUESTION-

is there a source or part number for the o-ring under the fuel shut off solenoid?

·
Administrator
15,934 Posts
So i'd like some input and some recommendations.. Im a huge supporter of LeroyDiesel and Quadstar, i have a lot of respect for any body honestly whom is trying to keep a market for parts available for these old trucks.. however, as a full time technician and part time sixfiveguy i do things my own way lol

On my '96, im leaking a small amount of air somewhere i want to believe. After getting it on the road, almost 3k miles it hasnt missed a lick, however today, out of the blue after about a 5 miles drive, i thought she was going to leave me stranded after a stall. After jumping the LP and purging air from the FFM, it fired back up and went 110 miles home, started and stopped a few times, for a rest and has been fine.. still is fine

Not really here to discuss the million things that will cause this with a 6.5 cause ive been there done that lol- im here to ask THIS QUESTION:

im ditching the stock LP, tank sock, and FFM. I want to run something similar to the 'FTB' mod, mount a nice Racor unit probably on the front accessory bracket where what i want to believe a second alternator would go (i will fab a bracket), setup a LP pre-filter that is a canister style, and buy a decent LP.

What Racor setup would someone recommend? I want to have a schrader valve for bleeding, and preferable dual outputs. Also, what filter and micron rating? I would say a 20 micron behind the LP and 10 at the engine would suffice?

Also, i dont particularly want to route back under the intake with my feed to the IP, so i want to purchase the FTB kit from leroy but all i really need is the fitting to replace the 1/4 barb in the IP..

ONE LAST QUESTION-

is there a source or part number for the o-ring under the fuel shut off solenoid?
In the DIY section of the FAQ there is a Racor install with info:
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/21-6-5l-diesel-engine/766970-wif-sensor-wiring-question.html

For the ORing, just remove the old one and take it down to the auto parts store and ask for a vitron replacement.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Reactions: JMJNet
1 - 3 of 3 Posts