Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem, and I am looking for some guidance.

I have been thinking for some time now that I have lost some power on my 02 ZF6. Since I don't general dog it, as I would have when I was 18, it was not really noticeable on normal driving. But it seemed the loss of power was more noticeable when towing. I thought maybe since I did not dog it normal, the computer had simple detuned it somewhat......if that is possible?

I just put a juice/attitude on it. On the 75 hp setting, it seems to be about the same as it was when new.....the 125 hp setting seems somewhat stronger than new, but by no mean is it anything starterling. It does not even slip the old clutch, even towing! I know, it said not to tow above level 2.....with the Ally......since I am fixing to get rid of the DMF, I figured it did not matter too much.

I thought it may be a problem with the injectors, but after doing a search and reading.........it does not fit the typical symptoms.

Is there someway to determine if there is really any loss of power....other than dyno,...none near me. And if so, is finding the cause just a 'hit or miss deal' or could it be definately pinpointed?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have some of the same problems. After all injectors replaced and fuel presure regulator replace I don't have the power or the fuel milage that I did. I took it back to the dealer and they say that everthing is normal. To me it seems that it is not getting any boost from the turbo. What is the best way to check on boost pressure? Truck seem to run fine just a little under power!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts