Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,new to this forum but i need some help!

I have an 04 lb7 with 186k. I did injectors in it 36k miles ago with some LDS 45% overs. Last night I realized a slight shake in the cab at idle while at a stop light and thought nothing of it. Made a 3.5 hour trip last night after i felt the slightly strange idle and the truck did not skip a beat. Parked it, and let it sit last night. Drove to work today and when i got there and slowed down to park, the "Low Oil Pressure" message came on the display and started dinging. Thought about it all day, and told myself the sender is bad. On my way home i drove the truck around to try and further diagnose and the oil pressure warning light came on each time i was coming to a stop. While at a stop, it is intermittent and the message will come on and off. The idle is smooth, but the truck feels like it is vibrating ever so softly. I believe someone who doesnt drive the truck every day would not even notice the idle.

Ive been super easy with the truck lately because allison is on the way out, and im scheduled with Mike L for this coming monday. I wanted to make sure the trans would make it to LA. I didnt crank it up to tune 5 and ruin something. I didnt rip a big burnout, i didnt redline the truck. What are you guys thinking?Just been grandpa driven for the past few weeks on tune 2.

ALSO: The truck is not making oil, oil level and smell is perfect. No codes. No knocking noises. No visible blowby. I dont have any balance rates past 1.8. Oil cap bounces around a little when removed and placed on top, nothing that screams rings or pistons.

Should I try to just do the sender and see what happens? Or is it a crapshoot and my engine is gone?

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

(y)

·
Registered
02 2500HD LB7
94 Posts
Its possible whatever is causing the idle vibration (dirty injectors?) is dropping the idle enough to trigger it. The sensor could also be going out, the Northstar engines were notorious for it leaking internally and only read low enough at an idle to cause problems.
The only other thing you could is get a mechanical gauge on it to be certain there is enough pressure at idle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts