Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this forum a while back seeking info about the 05 duramax that I have. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the various posts and the diy
articles. Today after reading about the iss problems ( had it greased for the 1st time a month ago ) I phoned the local dealer about the replacement part. They said they were only lubing them. I told them I was a member of this forum, and people who were experiencing the same reoccuring problem, were having them replaced. I gave her the p/n. She told me she would phone me back. She phoned me back and said that they were indeed replacing the shaft under warranty. Without this forum I would have been just another an ill-informed consumer.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Ditto on the info here. Signed on the dotted line for my 06 and walked into service Dept. and told them my new truck had an outstanding issue on the glow plugs (reflash) it was done by the time I picked it up. I wonder how long it would have taken GM to let me know, before or AFTER the glow plug broke off and got swallowed. Two clicks a day, home page for world news and diesel place for the real news.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts