Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had mine in for about 3 weeks now and while I am not noticing any lower EGT's, probably cause I never really paid attention in the first place, All I can say is this thing is great. I get better response when I mash on the go pedal. I also used to get a strange sound when I stomped on it, like marbles bouncing around, and that is gone. Have not lit up any check engine lights and am thinking about tempting fate and uplugging the EGR. Thanks to all who worked on this.:clap:

·
Registered
83 Posts
if you have an FE9 emissions truck go for it. I unplugged mine and got no lights. Look in your glove box for your code.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I agree! The boost stick is also working great for me as well.
The truck is more responsive and dyno tests show the increase in power.

I've noticed that when my propane is turned on, the extra boost at cruse speeds helps the engine use more propane and less diesel fuel. :ro)
At around $1.00 less per gallon I'll gladly burn as much Propane as possible.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Cool! Although, it's funny to hear someone say "I love my boost stick"):h

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
To see EGT difference, do a 18 mile or 1/4 mile full on run with and without the BS. Depending on the response time of the gauges used, the difference should be pretty darn dramatic.

The other place it wil be noticed is towing heavy loads on a hill.

For the Edge EZ question, the Edge units really come alive with the BS. The transmission is next worry so don't get carried away and don't tow at above level 2 with the BS.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Installed the Boost stick, floored it a few times, still see a cloud of smoke & don't feel much difference. Something wrong?

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
Could be, but we'll need some more detail than that. From an idle, there wil not be much difference. Under load is where it really shines.

In order to properly diagnose, you really need a good mechanical boost gauge for a before and after.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
You should be able to hear more boost at highway cruising.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unplugged my EGR the other day and with the boost stick I now can see a difference in EGT's. Previously going uphills it would climb to almost 1100 and now it won't go above 1000.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What does the FE9 emissions have to do with the boost stick? I Just bought my truck used at a dealer in california but it was sold brand new in utah. My truck has FE9 in the glove box, so does this mean I dont have the california emissions?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Could be, but we'll need some more detail than that. From an idle, there will not be much difference. Under load is where it really shines.

In order to properly diagnose, you really need a good mechanical boost gauge for a before and after.
Shines is right. I missed my LB7 but not any more.

Well, not as much as before BS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts