Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the market for a 2004.5 to a 2005 Duramax LLY Crew Cab 4x4. I plan on running a 4" Straight pipe with 6" Tip. Will this be loud? I want to get the most sound out of it that i can, expecially turbo whistle. Would a 5" Straight pipe be louder? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
5" will have a deeper tone and most likely louder. Plus the 5" to 6" tip looks better than going from 4" to 6".

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
its hard to get a duramax loud, mines mbrp duels, no cat or muffler and its a lot quieter than my sons 96 dodge with 3 1/2 into 4" stacks with no cat or muffler.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm running MBRP 5" straight piped, and it's loud, you definently hear me coming from quite a ways away. I love it

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
You want loud? Remove everything from the downpipe back.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Stack out the hood!:ro) ):h

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
4" stright piped w/ 5" stacks and boost controller. i love the way mine sounds i'll get a clip later when i'm on lunch.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have a 5" w/6" tip from magnaflow all SS. Its sounds great, and you can really hear the turbo wine! Every new person that gets in my truck asks the same Q's, what that noise! I love it!

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
With an 04.5-05 truck in order for it to be LOUD, you will definately want to get rid of the cat. I suggest getting the MBRP 5" kit with a front-pipe. You can also get the 5" muffler delete though I dont think it will be necessary. This will give you the loudest available setup. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check out my thread----http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135573

I just put a 5" straight pipe exhaust on my LBZ and it's loud as hell when you're on it hard. Idling it's no lounder than stock and cruising it's just a hair louder. I will have sound clips very soon for you!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
thats cool friggin loud

·
Registered
357 Posts
yea i would say no kitty or muffler will be loud. Have ran mine just downpipe, then 4in to 6in tip and now 4in with dual 6in stacks and they all can get peoples attention. I dont really see a reason to get 5in unless u just want to be able to say u have 5in exhaust and want to pay more

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
grdiesel;1602659; said:
On my o5 I had flow-pro was loud and sound good

What kind of 5" exhaust do you have right now?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Thank's RJ, It'sot me more curious about how Magnaflow says "turbo back" instead of downpipe back. It isn't really a new downpipe and then a front pipe system is it? The pictures I've seen of their system on their website shows no "downpipe" just a new front pipe and back.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.