1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this vid was on a thread on gmfullsize.com

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zQ_VqAC2yBM

o my god listen to that whistle...
i heard getting an alluminum intake tube will make the whistle louder is this true?

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Not sure about the newer VVT turbos,but on a LB7 it sure makes a difference!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o and idk if anyone noticed this but at the end when he floored it, the speedo went up, but the car is just sitting there...:wtf:

·
Registered
594 Posts
He is running one of the new Cheetah Turbos. That is why it sounds like a jet.;)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i got that much from the vid but i also heard running the alluminum intake will make your whistle louder, thats why i asked

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
yep....brayden's cheetah sounds mean!

·
Registered
524 Posts
o and idk if anyone noticed this but at the end when he floored it, the speedo went up, but the car is just sitting there...:wtf:

Mine does that in park also. Probably just the electronics in these things. No more cables you know.....

·
Banned
3,234 Posts
Metal tubes may make it sound better, but you will lose hp due to the heat that the metal radiates and doesn't dissipate.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Metal tubes may make it sound better, but you will lose hp due to the heat that the metal radiates and doesn't dissipate.
the added heat from the intake will be negligable once the air is heated by compression. even then, it still has to go through the intercooler.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just put a WorkHorse HD intake on my otherwise stock LLY and I noticed a slight increase in turbo whistle. Exhaust is next so I'm sure that and eliminating the cat will make a big difference too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.