Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new MBRP exhaust (Single) installed and have a bad drone at around 1500-1800 rpm or when ever I give it a little juice. Any one else had this problem?? When I hook the 5ver on it is going to be to loud as it is now.:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
NO experience witht he Mbrp but my straight on my LB7 isnt loud at all to me. But I think the drone you speak of will prolly get louder with your 5'ver behind you.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
IS there any chance something is tightened down good enough? Shouldn't have a drone just from pushing the accelerator. Drones typically occur at certain loading under certain cruising conditions and NOT when simply by pressing the accelerator at any point.

Good luck

C-ya

·
Registered
811 Posts
Is your muffler going in the right direction. dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
My '05 Crew had a drone at those rpm's without heavy loads, and GMC replaced the entire exhaust sytem behind the manifolds. Some people have added weights to the downpipe to help as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i had a bad drone with a turbo back mbrp system. it was pretty bad, and very annoying. after talking with several people, i finally had the cat reinstalled and it took care of it. the other choice was buying a resonator.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Got my new MBRP exhaust (Single) installed and have a bad drone at around 1500-1800 rpm or when ever I give it a little juice. Any one else had this problem?? When I hook the 5ver on it is going to be to loud as it is now.:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
That sounds like something is loose or touching something it is not supposed to. Also, check your tip to be sure it is not under the bed of the truck. You want it just outside of the fender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.