Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some bad things happeining when I am driving on the freeway about 60mph if my foot is barely on the gas my motor (I think) starts knocking real loud then the truck starts jerking then white smoke comes pouring out the back. It does not happen all the time and as soon as I let off the gas it goes away and the truck runs fine. I am going to the dealer tommorow for a test drive with the service manager but the problem is hard to duplicate any suggestions for my dealer would help.

Thanks

Shaydog

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
first suggestion, get the juice off it. I doubt that is causing it, but keep the red flags from waiving.

With out duplicating it and getting data from it, its hard to pinpoint but is sounds like injector issue, not so much a bad injector but a fuel system problem. have the scan codes is about all you can do with out duplication at this point

Eric

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast response I have the problem with the juice set to 0 but I allready took it off for the dealer. The only thing I cant take off is the probe for the pyro going into the manifold but I dont think they will care.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Eric the juice did it and I am not talking about O.J. I took of the juice put it all back to stock and I can not reproduce the problem now so I guess I will call edge tomorow now the only question is it the juice or the attitude I think the juice to be continued.

Thanks for the help.

Shaydog

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric I called edge today they told me to try relocating the juice maybe electrical interference weird but I tried it I also but some stuff on the pins it was not dialectical grease I cant find that stuff anywhere but it was similar and so far so good I have not got it up on the freeway today but I will tonight edge said if it still happens they will give me a new box stay tuned. Also one other question can a dealer void my warranty for taking my CAT off becouse I live in Ca.

Thanks

Shaydog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts