Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have been hearing a loud clacking coming from an right side by the valve cover. It is a 2001 2500HD with Vin 1 -- RPO LB7. The Vin is 1GCHK29121E276530. It is all stock and has 80k on it. The noise is loudest when it is cold and a small load on it. It seems to be the #4 injector. I have been researching the service bulletin No.: 04-06-04-007B.
I have put a engine stethoscope on the injectors and valve covers and the rocker arms seem to have the correct sound.
I would like to get GM to change all the injectors change and it is the RPO LB7. I also see a lot of smoke out of the tailpipe when getting on it.
What need to be said and done to get GM to change the injectors?

Thanks, lee2001

·
Registered
42 Posts
Take it to the dealer. Sounds like you have an injector on the fritz. Probably sounds like a really bad lifter tap. GM will replace under warranty for 200,000 miles. If you have a good dealership, just tell them what you have observed and they will take it from there. It's best to find a dealer with a dedicated big truck shop.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, is seems like you have heard this before. I thought it was a lifter or rocker arm at first.:exactly:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Look at the thread that Top Hog posted called "Knock under load" maybe that is the case with your truck as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
heard the same sound in our 01. started throwing the P0093 code. the truck is in the shop having all 8 replaced. it your not throwing any codes start with the simple thing FUEL FILTER.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Yes check the Knock under load thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts