Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:: I ordered a 4500 Kodiak back in November, they say it is built but nobody can find it.

Is there a way to track it. The VIN No. is 1GBE4U1236F417009

Thank You

Carl

·
Registered
55 Posts
That Sucks!!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
carlschneider, I will call tomorrow & see where it is for ya!! Howard

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
:eek:: I ordered a 4500 Kodiak back in November, they say it is built but nobody can find it.

Is there a way to track it. The VIN No. is 1GBE4U1236F417009

Thank You

Carl
How can that be? They can find a Alberta mad cow, in my old home town, POP 935, but can't find a whole truck? Unbeleviable!

·
Registered
484 Posts
was it found?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lost truck

x Edeonpro;949814 said:
was it found?

Edward said it was heading for home. I'll let you know when I see it.

I was supposed to have before christmas. I am building a motorhome on it. I have a builder ready for the chassis.

Carl

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
HI CARL & your lost "BABY" was delivered on 2/18 according to my sources!!! ENJOY! ENJOY! Howard

·
Registered
992 Posts
You can loose anything! Caterpillar Lost a new 988G that we ordered for 3 weeks on a siding in Minnesota! 47 feet long, 50 ton, and bright friggin yellow, and they couldnt find it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yes Good news, and do enjoy your new 4500! They are some stout truck chassis :ro)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lost truck

Thanks all

I got to see it yesterday.

I made the mistake of signing the papers before looking it over real good. Some of the things I ordered are not on it[remote keyless entry, in cab adjustable mirrors, tappered leaf springs.]

It makes me wonder what else. The gear ratio seems about right.[1800 RPM at 60 MPH.

Question----Is the taper leaf springs worth fighting for???

I signed the papers but I did not pay for it yet, I don't know what leverege I have.

Lesson learned----By a truck from a truck dealer----

Thanks for the help

Carl

·
Registered
255 Posts
by what i show the taper leaf springs are the only springs availl on this chassis, you have 13500 rated, your gear ratio is 4.30. Hope this helps.
ed

·
Registered
255 Posts
Even if you have signed the papers, you still hold the upper hand, you have all the cash. Hope everything works out for you. Let me know if i can be of any other help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lost truck

SORRY---I have tapered leaf springs,two in front and three in rear.

I thought the tapered leaf spring was a single spring. I thought I seen a picture of it some where. I'm rong.

Now off to the dealership.

Thanks again

Carl

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lost truck

The motorhome is being built by Jim Murry of Motorome fame.

Yesterday I got back from Kelderman Mft. with there airbag modification. What a difference,unbelivable.

I drove it 100 miles to get it done. When I got there I was sore. The ride back was really great. I was actualy looking for bumps.

Carl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts