Diesel Place banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put in 8 new injectors in January then the injector pump went out. Took it to the dealer for the pump job and dropped $3313 there for that which included new DS fuel rail to get the fuel pressure regulator, new fuel lines, seals, gaskets, filter, etc. Drove it about 25 miles and had a fuel knock again. Took it back and they replaced the #8 injector again. It didn't have 500 miles on it. I inquired about the connector and they said no, it's the injector.

Also, I'm wondering about the comments that you can't buy the pigtails from GM without the injector. I priced the pigtails back in the Jan/Feb timeframe and the GM parts guy told me $72 each. That certainly didn't include the injector. They wanted $250 each for those. Has this changed since then?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put in 8 new injectors in January then the injector pump went out. Took it to the dealer for the pump job and dropped $3313 there for that which included new DS fuel rail to get the fuel pressure regulator, new fuel lines, seals, gaskets, filter, etc. Drove it about 25 miles and had a fuel knock again. Took it back and they replaced the #8 injector again. It didn't have 500 miles on it. I inquired about the connector and they said no, it's the injector.

Also, I'm wondering about the comments that you can't buy the pigtails from GM without the injector. I priced the pigtails back in the Jan/Feb timeframe and the GM parts guy told me $72 each. That certainly didn't include the injector. They wanted $250 each for those. Has this changed since then?
You can find the connectors many places. The dealers just don't want to sell them to you. I just pic up a few for spares from Rockauto. Cheapest I've seen is around $58, highest $100 depending where you buy.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts