Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the interstate today and noticed that my Check Engine light came on and my boost guage wasn't registering. I turned off the cruise and pressed down on the pedal and the light went off and my boost came back. My Yukon has 260k on it and i haven't had it very long. But it didn't start doing this untill I had it up to 100mph and about 1000deg. Since then, it keeps doing this. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'd check they facts and the search option.. I believe i've read something like this before...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Codeman911;2035786; said:
But it didn't start doing this untill I had it up to 100mph and about 1000deg. Anybody have any ideas?
You must like buying fuel.

PCM will dump all boost over a certain RPM under normal conditions. You were probably there but since you have a bad example of a signature I don't know anything other than the fact you are driving a Tahoe.

What were:
engine RPM's
ECT's
IAT's
Tran's temp

Did the truck store a code?

I am curious as to why myself but I also have a simple solution; although you can't make someone change their driving habits!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Judging from the numbers you just posted, you should have a check gauges light too as all the engine parts go falling out behind you.

If you are absolutely for real about getting ANY knowledgable help from anyone here, I'd suggest you post the correct information about your vehicle, change your signature to at least include your vehicle specifications, to comply with troubleshooting procedures as set forth in the Welcome New Forum member sticky.

I don't waste people's time with garbage on this forum, and I expect the same from others.

as for the seasoned pros on here, you know the deal...... catch ya helpin' change diapers, I'm gonna lock the thread.

·
Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would also like to say that I keep having the same issue with the "seasoned pros" as you call them! They are actually seasoned **** HEADS! It seams as if you were all hatched by the same rich stuck up shitty parents and think you should all go **** YOURSELFS! I think that my signature would be more usefull for the assholes like knkreb who damned us all by reproducing. I am tired of being treated like I don't know ****. I thought I would make a posting and see if anyone else has had a similar experience and could point me in the right direction. Instead I find 100 assholes telling me I'm stupid. You guys can have your GAY little web site for yourselves. I'm out of this BUTT ****ING BRADY BUNCH EPISODE ****ERS!!!!!! EAT ME!

^this is why I got banned^

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wow- Nice guy!:mad:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Codeman911;2036361; said:
I would also like to say that I keep having the same issue with the "seasoned pros" as you call them! They are actually seasoned **** HEADS! It seams as if you were all hatched by the same rich stuck up shitty parents and think you should all go **** YOURSELFS! I think that my signature would be more usefull for the assholes like knkreb who damned us all by reproducing. I am tired of being treated like I don't know ****. I thought I would make a posting and see if anyone else has had a similar experience and could point me in the right direction. Instead I find 100 assholes telling me I'm stupid. You guys can have your GAY little web site for yourselves. I'm out of this BUTT ****ING BRADY BUNCH EPISODE ****ERS!!!!!! EAT ME!

that theres funny shi$

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
ouch!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Good news. We will go on helping the people who want to be helped. Thanks for making me laugh though!

·
Banned
9,366 Posts
ROFL!! Now that's Funny!

Seriously dude, if you would post some real information in your signature, we would have at least some idea of what to look for. As it is, you're just asking for a wild-assed guess, which you will likely (if history is any example) deny and ignore.

Now... if you seriously want help, what kind of motor do you have, L56 or L65? Have you done any mods? I assume you have boost and exhaust pyro gauges? Have you replaced the downpipe, or has it been replaced? What size and kind of exhaust do you have? Please describe the air filter, intake etc.

You claim to have been doing 100 mph when this happened... do you have any idea what your boost levels were prior to the incident? Incidentally, what shape are your tires in, and was there any traffic around you? Did you happen to notice the ambient temperatures?

In short, do you have any information that could be used to help diagnose this issue, or are you merely hopping from one infantile stunt to another, punctuated by these tirades?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
kaboom!

Let it stand... for all the rest to see. I give folks the benfit of the doubt sometimes. I help whom I can....

let this be the example of how best to help this guy in the future.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Jifaire also forgot to mention that when the check engine light came on, a DTC was stored in the PCM. If you would be so kind as to post those then perhaps those stuck-up all-knowing ****heads as you so eloquently put it might be able to help.

In the mean-time, take your ignorant attitude back out on the highway at 100mph and see if you can't drive head-on into some innocent families minivan.:rant:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
well...his signature is right now

·
Registered
453 Posts
RattlinBlazer;2036417; said:
Jifaire also forgot to mention that when the check engine light came on, a DTC was stored in the PCM.
That's cause I mentioned it before all the screaming began!:D

This thread has brightened my day.:cool:

Seriously though. I think there is only one very simple solution to this problem...:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Has a lot to do with the driver's right foot.:)

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Let's not let this degrade any worse than it already is. I said what I said, I let it stand, and what he said too. So don't anyone get too caught up in the fun of grenading this whole thread to bits okay?

I'll try to be a civil little whatever explictive I was supposed to be before....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts