Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted a topic two weeks ago on white smoke. Checked all fluids, possible coolant leak, possible oil residue on MAF. Made a pen mark on coolant level.

Checked truck this morning, Coolant about 1/2 inch lower than mark only after two weeks.

What other problems might there be besides head gasket?

Just had 8 new injectors replaced a month ago, maybe gasket curled when installing?

I think I got a truck out of the same mold as P.C.!

Happy mothers day to any mothers who might be reading this.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I wouldn't worry just yet ....

A half inch drop after all that work could just indicate a leveling off ...It's not blowing out ,as in fender well isn't wet or below area ??

Keep an eye on it for now if the lose of coolant persist then I'd be concerned... Just trying to keep you optimistic ...

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Sounds like a possible injector cup seal leak. The day you drove it home, the coolant level should have been stabilized. Eric vacuum bled mine, and IIRC it didn't really even drop once driven...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the problem is a injector cup seal leak, How does a guy relay that to the mechanic. These guys are not going to tear apart a motor just because I think there is a specific problem.

How does a person test for a bad head gasket, or a injector cup seal leak? What do I expect as a response from the dealer when I tell him that I have a truck that is eating dex-cool.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
They specifically check for CO2 in the coolant as one test ... If your still losing coolant under warranty then they should run the test ...

The testers are cheap and I believe HOOT may have one for sale if your interested in checking for your self ...

Mac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts