Diesel Place banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Chevy 2500HD Diesel
4 Posts
Try cleaning the ground wire lugs, @ all Locations, that can cause a lot of issues with random things, not allowing a complete circuit to whatever is the problem @ the moment. I had a issue with my transmission going into safe mode, replaced all the shift solenoids, fluid, filter, and so on, then one day driving in the rain, turning on the defrost, turning fan on high, (safe mode) turn fan down on low, shifting fine. Realized I was robbing power from transmission ground, (solution) cleaning all ground points and running a 2 gauge wire to the computer from the battery Negative Have not had a problem since. (About 6 years) Won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes it stays hard and I replaced them with wix fuel filters
Wix /NAPA is one of the worst fuel filters you can put on a Duramax. Use ONLY an AC Delco TP3018. The Wix has a seal that can fail when the filter gets restricted and that seal allows raw unfiltered fuel to bypass the filter and go straight to your injectors . This filter has caused Duramax owners injector problems along with the other brands that are made by Wix.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If it runs ok with cruise then the problem must be in the accelrator to computer connections or in the pedal potentiomenter itself. You could measure the pot with engine off. with an ohmeter to see how much it varies If it is the pot then the resitance will keep changing until you hit a spot where it won't change and that would indicate the problem.

·
Registered
02 2500HD LB7
94 Posts
You said it only does this from a complete stop right? If you are cruising along at speed. will it do it if you take your foot off the pedal and get back on it again?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts