Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 lb7 and when ever I come to a stop sign and go to take off it coughs and loses power until I set the cruise on then it runs fine , I put a scanner on it and the intake air heater came up so I changed it and it still continued to do the same thing so I changed all fuel filters and air filter and it still continues to do the same thing would very much appreciate some helpful tips

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

When you prime the filter head does the button stay hard or does it go soft ?
When you replaced the fuel filter did you use an AC/Delco or aftermarket?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to DieselPlace

When you prime the filter head does the button stay hard or does it go soft ?
When you replaced the fuel filter did you use an AC/Delco or aftermarket?
Yes it stays hard and I replaced them with wix fuel filters

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
Nope I also noticed it only does it when its really humid outside
I would inspect your engine harness for any rubbed through wire insulation, corrosion, broken wires , etc.
Try shaking the harness with the engine running to try and duplicate the stumble

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would inspect your engine harness for any rubbed through wire insulation, corrosion, broken wires , etc.
Try shaking the harness with the engine running to try and duplicate the stumble
I looked and didn't find anything also tried shaking the harness and it didn't do anything

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
I looked and didn't find anything also tried shaking the harness and it didn't do anything
Does your scanner have the ability to read live data? If so try watching Fuel pressure actual vs commanded and watch the data while on a test drive
Check balance rates, IAT, etc

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Nope I also noticed it only does it when its really humid outside
Sure sign of a wire (or more) that is shorting when the humidity is high enough. Might take a look at the engine in the dark night, no other lights, and see if you can pickup the shorting.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
2003 Stock 2500 with LB7
31 Posts
Battery terminals need cleaned perhaps?? I know this too can be the culprit.

·
Registered
2003 Stock 2500 with LB7
31 Posts
Batteries are new and terminals are pretty clean
Well shoot. I'd still say your best bet is get balance rates checked either at a shop or via the torque app for droid only phones. And more so, the wiring harness is probably your best bet I'd say.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Check the fuel like OK mentioned and injector balance rates.
Then get rid of that plastic wix fuel filter.
Google search the well known complaints since wix went plastic about 12 years ago, about 60/40 with issues.

·
Registered
2015 3500 LML
612 Posts
Doesn't do it when you set the cruise control? I'd have the throttle position sensor tested.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
The go pedal is a potensiometer and just maybe it is worn in the most used area for accelerating?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I see that you are from Michigan. Try the bulkhead connector to see if any of the pins are corroded. You might want to look at the back side of the under hood fuse panel. Also, check the throttle pedal pot and see if wet salty feet have not gotten to that.

I have a 2002 K3500 and that came out of Michigan after 12 years of service. Now living here in Tennessee I am finding wiring problems from the salt that accumulated up north.

Good Luck.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts