Diesel Place banner

lope in park only when warm

667 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  LeeG
hey, its been a long time since iv been on here, but i have a 05 LLY that i have a Lope at idle when warm in P or N. press the brake hard and it goes away.
cant read balance rates when its doing it, but when its cold or in gear all injectors are +/-2 , in gear the balance rates are all ok, but #5 is higher than id like for a brand new injector. it sits about +3.5 to +4 if i remember right.
so i didn't have the truck more than 1500 km before the headgaskets let go on me, but i don't recall it doing this before i tore it apart.
i did,
8 injectors from S&S diesel
new GM LB7 injection pump with a new S&S diesel LLY FPR ( pump was free from work as old stock that was going to get tossed)
DDP 64mm stage 2 turbo
Mahle grade C gaskets and some Xotic head studs. ( more of a test to see how they do, seem ok so far.)
PPE manifolds and up pipes
PPE down pipe
new fuel filter housing (not rebuilt)
new fuel lines from the tank to the engine
new fuel line from the sending unite to the front of the tank.
no lift pump

when its going it , shutting down cyl one by one dosen't seem to pin point anything. #5 maybe a bit less change than the rest but had to say.

the only thing i can think of is i maybe got to rammy when settng valve lash and maybe got one to tight and its causing the valve to hang open when warm?
or maybe air in the system.
maybe a sending unite in the tank thats cracked or sucking air when warm?
im going to put a clear hose on from the FICM to the filter housing next and see

has anyone else had any issues like this, its driving me nuts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I have an 05 lly with 342k miles not as many accessories as you but once I put a programmer on it (around 87k miles) it has a lope in P or N or slight lope in gear at a red light on the brake. No fuel issues or anything runs great, but as you said I think it’s in the air system.
I think I'm leaning towards s bad injector more now, my #5 balance rate it's getting worse and when it's doing it, I shut off esch injector with s scan tool and#5 didn't make a difference
It could be a weak/soft rubber fuel line partially collapsing in on itself
It could be a weak/soft rubber fuel line partially collapsing in on itself
i put all new lines from the fuel tank to the engine, but havent done the rubber lines from the FICM to the filter housing or the ones from the hard lines to the pump.
i just swaped #5 injector out for a used one and it is still the same issue. balace rate is +5 to +6 ish in park when cold, and when warm its about +4 to +5.
im lost,
the only thing i havent checked is the crank shaft reluctor wheel to see if its loose but every time i have had a truck with that problem its either wont run or runs very very shitty
i put all new lines from the fuel tank to the engine, but havent done the rubber lines from the FICM to the filter housing or the ones from the hard lines to the pump.
i just swaped #5 injector out for a used one and it is still the same issue. balace rate is +5 to +6 ish in park when cold, and when warm its about +4 to +5.
im lost,
the only thing i havent checked is the crank shaft reluctor wheel to see if its loose but every time i have had a truck with that problem its either wont run or runs very very shitty
Might try the ice pick trick on the #5
1 - 7 of 7 Posts