Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gone through two sets of rubber fuel door bumpers/stops. They cost $10 for a pair. I find it curious that i have lost both stops on two occasions. I wanted to know if anyone else is loosing them or if i should start watching my truck for rubber thieves.

Sorry no pictures. But, if you open your fuel door and look at the rubber that keeps the fuel door from rubbing against the truck body you'll know what i mean.

At first I thought they might be getting pushed through the holes after the door hits them but there is no way the door can supply that kind of force. This means that they are coming out away from the truck. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have not lost mine but I have read posts on here about others who have, sorry I don't remember there fix.

·
Registered
557 Posts
You can pick them up at Carquest for under $2 for 4. Probably something similiar at other parts houses as well.

Put mine back on this weekend.

Has to be thieves that are getting them. No way they would just "fall off."

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
That's is excatly what happened to mine. I found it on the drive way and at first didn't know what it was for, then next time I fueled up I noticed it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A big light has come on. Thanks

A big light has come on. I never even thought of pulling them out when i washed the truck. I had thought about a dab of silicon and I will do that as soon as it drys out around here.

Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts