Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,301 Posts
It doesn't sound like those engineers understand all they know about this problem or they were just trying to baffle you with BS. Their answer about not changing the filter is also BS. Evidently the warranty claims for injectors must not be high enough to justify a redesign, recall, etc. Changing the top of the engine to get at the injectors easier is not addressing the root cause. GM knows better but money is the bottom line. I think we are still on our own. I hope they are wrong about the cracks and dirt is the problem. Later! Frank

· Registered
1,301 Posts
cadman-ks, I see you drive an 02 as I do so you should have the same Duramax Diesel Supplement service manual. If you will look on the right side of page 7-5 under the 15K service schedule you will see it says to change the fuel filter. It states the same thing on page 7-7. Later! Frank

· Registered
1,301 Posts
I am sure that every member on this forum knows at least one more person with a Duramax. All we have to do is tell them to change their filter. Maybe we can get a big snow ball moving. I have has a couple people call me asking about changing filters in general. Later! Frank Edited by: Frank Blum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.