Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
It seems to me that the majority of the injector based worries are long term stuff. I know my last Duramax did great for me. I wouldn't even consider Ford at the moment. I like the Cummings but I dont care for that Quad cab at all. Every truck line is going to have some troubles. Overall those of the Duramax seem pretty small compared to the others. Aside from extra filteration and synthetic fluids I am one of the few that will be running stock. No chips, no trans kits, no exhaust changes etc. No hole shots or pulling contests. I just buy the duramax for good fuel economy and extended life over a gasser. It really seems like preventitive maintenance is key here. I'm going to just change the OEM filter every 10k and run additives to help out. Cadman...There are other colors now.. Like my new Silver Birch Max
Edited by: BlueMaxxxx

· Registered
359 Posts
Cadman, WHAT !!! YOU dont like the black plastic ???
I ordered this one sight unseen. When it arrived I really did like the color ( Good thing) and the wheel flares are painted as is the front facia. Very little black plastic. Blue is my first pick but this was the only one in 300 miles with every factory option. Now I have it I love because it doesn't show the dirt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.