Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a great site, I am sure I will be using alot in the future. We are looking at buying a 2000 gmc 6.5 1 ton dually with 170k on it. What should I look for, The truck does not look abused, in good shape, But I dont know a thing about diesels. It starts great even when hot, it shifts real smooth no matter how hard I lay on the fuel and feels real tight. We have a 2001 ford expedition with half the km and the ford doesnt feel as tight. What should I look for?The deal is going down monday. Sorry for going on. Thanks Archie. Smithers B.C.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
maybe even run a vin check under the vin check header on this site. can provide a whole host of unknown info. just need serial # to do it. i bought my truck and found this site. i then asked for and got a vin printout. found out my engine was replaced at 50k and injectors done 20k before i bought it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My local stealer did the VIN check free of charge. I found out my engine had been replaced at 86,xxx miles and has been the only thing done to the truck short of factory recalls. Am glad to know my engine only has @ 39,000 miles on it. The replacement was done in Oct. of 1998. So only 38,000 miles put on the truck in 8 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts