Diesel Place banner

Looking for opinions...

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  gonwalt 
#1 ·
Well guys this happend last week... somebody try to still my truck, took the edge w/attitude,(yes... they open the hood !!) take the front grill too (precision vertical grill) , braking a few parts araund the grill, off course to do that they didn't use the key, check pictures on my garage, and you will see what to do if you lost your keys... the worst part was... happend in front of my house !! can you believe how s$%#&^*)@ when i went outside and saw my truck ??

after that i was

but nothing I can do. The police took a few figerprints and toll me they never saw something like that in my area.... I just lost my interest in turn back my truck nicely like before, but it's hard to drive my truck just stock... what you guys do in this case?

See less See more
#2 ·
That sucks.
Unfortunately there isn't much else you can do except maybe offer a reward. Parts are probably long gone but if you knew who did it there is another kind of justice you could get. ;) Any insurance?

#4 ·
I feel for you, I had somebody (probably kids) key both my truck and our 07 Camry a few weekends ago (they have done it two seperate weekends in the last 6 weeks). They got 8 vehicles parked in driveways on our block: I know how fuming you are. Every weekend (friday and saturday nights) I have been sleeping out in my RV with window cracked so I can keep a close eye on rigs in driveway. I hope to catch these little shets and they can pay for all the vehicles they have keyed. I figure they are keying rigs now, but give them a few years and they will probably escalate to stealing them. I would like to meet their parents, I bet they set a real good "value" system for their kids!
Good luck with the repairing of your truck!

#5 ·
thank you, the problem is my truck is outside all the time, truck don't fit on my Garage, so now... i just thinking left my truck in stock condition buy I just ask my self .... why?? I'm confuse... when this happend once you think will happend twice?

#6 ·
gonwalt;1588970; said:
Well guys this happend last week... somebody try to still my truck, took the edge w/attitude,(yes... they open the hood !!) take the front grill too (precision vertical grill) , braking a few parts araund the grill, off course to do that they didn't use the key, check pictures on my garage, and you will see what to do if you lost your keys... the worst part was... happend in front of my house !! can you believe how s$%#&^*)@ when i went outside and saw my truck ??
http://dieselplace.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif:eek:
(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

after that i was http://dieselplace.com/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif:mad:

http://dieselplace.com/forum/images/smilies/Throwup.gif-:t

but nothing I can do. The police took a few figerprints and toll me they never saw something like that in my area.... I just lost my interest in turn back my truck nicely like before, but it's hard to drive my truck just stock... what you guys do in this case?
That sucks totally. Just looked in your garage. Is that photo of the truck post-break in? What are the other pics of?

#7 ·
Look on the bright side (if you can find one), now you can use the insurance money to get EFI and then there is nothing that they can steal.

#8 ·
would you like some amount of "ha ha take that"? I have had expirience w/ a "used" edge box. and let me tell you...if it has been plugged into another truck before, some really weird stuff happens. basically it won't work on another truck. now, perhaps i'm wrong on this, but this is my expirience with a used one from a dealer. so maybe you could take some amount of comfort in knowing that they didn't get any satisfaction with their stollen Edge...

#9 ·
Looks like the one photo shows the broken glass on the cab from the break-in but don't understand the other desert photo in the garage.

#10 ·
fuel007one;1589086; said:
Looks like the one photo shows the broken glass on the cab from the break-in but don't understand the other desert photo in the garage.
That's the posse he has looking for the creep that did it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.