Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello folks, wayne here. I am a long time GM man, but never owned a diesel...YET. I have been lurking on the boards for awhile trying to see why some many people have complaints about duramax. Well, with my reading and my recent test drives, I'm almost sold. My final information mission is to inquire about lengevity issues. When I buy a vehicle, especially a $45K one, it had better run 300K with little or no problems in my book. Of course regular maintenance is of the utmost importance, but you know what I mean. If anyone has any links to threads or posts about longevity with regard to the duramax, I am all ears....or eyes actually. Thanks and I sure am glad to have found this vault of knowledge.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Two questions:

If you are a longtime GM man, what were the longevity issues of your gassers?

If you pay $25-$30K for a gasser, how many miles will you expect out of it?

Keep in mind, 95% of DMax owners will discuss any problems they're having. That is what this board is for. Likewise, the same percentage will not post anything if "All is well". If they did, there would be many more "All is well" posts than problem posts.

With all that said.....

:welcome: from Florida.
Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood. When you make a decision and get your rig, create a signature and list your truck options and any modifications so users can help you better. Also, create a "Garage" and post pics of your rig.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts