Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my idler pulley on my dual alternator truck blow apart on me last night. Does anybody know the GM part number for this unit? It's NOT the tensioner pulley (plastic and ribbed) it's one of the steel, smooth idlers.

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OH yeah, and if anybody could supply me with the plastic engine fan part number, that would be much appreciated too! Stupid pulley took out two fan blades when it let loose....grrrrrr.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Damn that sucks....i just put a new idler pulley on my truck after it siezed up...give the dealer your vin number and they can tell you what idler you need...i've had two idlers siez up on me....never had one let loose and take out the fan...gl

·
Registered
62 Posts
If it's the same as my LB7, the part # is: 97233352 for the pulley

·
Registered
846 Posts
Fan # is 15010202 or AC delco 15-80690

If you have A/C there is two idlers. The one on the left side of the engine (passenger side) is 97233352. The other is 97209546 (right side).

If you dont have A/C, you need 14102597. (its mounted where the A/C compressor would be if you had A/C and is ribbed)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 322432 and Jollyrogr!!!!!

Acutally, there are FOUR idlers total on my truck. There's the ribbed one on the belt tensioner, and there are THREE smooth, steel ones. (I have air conditioning AND dual alternators, which adds one idler.

Appreciate the help!!!! : )

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts