Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking about putting EGT and BOOST gauges in my 2002 LB7. I want to get the piller mount also. I have tan interior so I would like it to match. I want white face gauges to match my instrument cluster which I just installed from nuimage. Where is the best place and price to order them from. Also would like to have detailed instructions on installing them. I am also going to make me the adjustable boost valve to increase boost. Would it be OK to install in the hose that runs to the wastegate?
(wastegate....boost valve....boost gauge) in this order? I have seen gauge kits @ dieselmanor.com for $215.00 is that a good price? I am new at this.
Thanks
P.S Anyone have pics with a boost valve and boost gauge installed on the wastegate actuator hose?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
That looks so clean. Great job! Was wiring tough? I recently bought my exhaust from DPPI... Great customer service and great products!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Nice!!

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
There are a lot of threads and choices for gauges - I'd do a search. One important item - the wastegate on your '02 is controlled by the hose running from the turbo compressor outlet to the wastegate actuator. As turbo outlet pressure comes up, it pushes open the wastegate. The "boost fooler" valves bleed off this pressure to make the wastegate open later (they REDUCE the pressure seen by the wastegate actuator). You have to tap in for your boost gauge FIRST - to see the actual boost pressure from the turbine outlet. If you put the boost fooler valve first, your gauge is going to see the reduced pressure being sent to the wastegate actuator, not the boost pressure to the intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts